Sunday, April 5, 2009

Week 29: One Day

April 7th: Vote Yes Twice





As I sat in church this morning, Darrell Jones, my pastor, shared how this week was the church's week -- with a celebration of Palm Sunday to start it and Easter Sunday to complete it.

It is not lost on me that the election for the school district levy and bond falls within this encapsulated week. It's a powerful thought. As my pastor shared passages from Luke, he made a statement that seemed to have a double message in my life:

"It's about you and me making a difference in the Jerusalem in which we live."

I have always felt called to make a difference in the lives of children. I work hard to make that difference matter. I have felt God's grace in my efforts. As Pastor Darrell finished up, he asked us to "recognize the significance of the day." He is, obviously, referring to Easter -- but in my life, there was a double message in that statement.

Tuesday is also a significant day in our lives . It will, in many ways, determine the future of the city in which many of us live. It absolutely will affect the place where we all work. It's time for the Benton staff to make a difference in our community. We must get out and vote on Tuesday. This really is about you and me making a difference in the community in which we live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also felt a similiar thought when I was in church on Palm Sunday, thinking about this Tuesday. I just thought about it and you wrote about it. Thanks for sharing those thoughts as we do already make a difference in many kids lives and we will continue to do so in the future. What we see is a better tomorrow, when others only see today and the past.